If you are a lover of untouched nature, be sure to visit “the most seductive island of the Adriatic”, King Charles himself couldn’t resist Mljet’s beauty and visited this island on several occasions.
Before reaching Mljet, we can have a stop for some photos or a quick dip in the Adriatic.
The greenest Croatian island, about one hour from Dubrovnik by speedboat is well-known for its amazing natural sceneries and eventful history. Mljet National Park covers about 30% of the island and includes two saltwater lakes, dense pine forests, small islet of St. Mary and largest coral reef (Cladocora caespitosa) in the Mediterranean.
The National Park cannot be reached by the boat directly, so we will take you to the closest port where you can rent a bike or we can help in organizing a transfer to the park. You will have some free time to explore island’s natural beauties on your own.
Over the history Mljet was home to many nations, Illyrian remains can be tracked 4000 years back, Greek and Roman ships often sought shelter on the island shores. The legend has it that St. Paul had escaped on the island of Mljet (Latin: Melita) after a shipwreck but probably the most intrigue legend is associated with ancient Greek hero Odysseus, who found shelter in a cave on the coast of Mljet, where he lived for 7 years, detained both by the beauties of the island and of the nymph Calypso.
The Odysseus cave can be accessed only from the sea side, hence we will drop anchor near the cave, get some snorkeling gear and dive in medias res of this ancient story.
Besides its crystal-clear waters, Mljet coast is rich with many small bays and hidden beaches awaiting to be discovered, we will be delighted to take you to an unforgettable tour around this paradise island.
After exploring the best of what Mljet has to offer, we set sail in direction of Dubrovnik but before reaching our final port, we’ll take you to a small fisherman’s village of Šipanska Luka on the beautiful Šipan island. Šipan has been part of the Republic of Dubrovnik for centuries, and numerous historical buildings still stand as a reminder of that glorious time.
Experience the traditional Mediterranean way of life this charming village managed to preserve as many locals still live out of fishing and agriculture, resisting the modern pace of life…
Included in price
- Private skipper and fuel
- Soft drinks on board (mineral water, juices, local beer)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (within Dubrovnik city area, please contact us directly for more info)
- Snorkeling equipment
- GO Pro camera
- Insurance for all passengers and final cleaning
- 10% discount for restaurant Lucin Kantun | Dubrovnik Restaurant & Bar | A perfect local feeling
Departure and return
- Departure Point: Rijeka Dubrovačka, Tenturija (Upon agreement, we may collect you on other locations)
- Departure Time: From 10:00 AM – 02:00 PM
- Return Details: Returns to original departure point (or other location as per agreement with your skipper)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- INFORMATION REQUIRED TO COMPLETE THE BOOKING: Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions.
- You can cancel up to 48 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- If you cancel less than 48 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to unsuitable weather conditions, you’ll be offered an alternative date or a full refund option.